How to get a loan if you use an ITIN instead of a social security number.

Do you know someone from another country like Mexico, Canada, China, or my homeland, Italy? If they don’t have a social security number, they’re likely working with an ITIN, or an individual taxpayer identification number.

I bet you didn’t know that you could qualify for a mortgage with an ITIN. I can get you a loan, but there are a few things you need first. You’ll need at least two years of work history in the U.S., a valid ITIN number and supporting documentation, and a down payment of 15% or more.

With an ITIN, you can buy a primary residence, a second home, or a one- to four-unit property that you live in as an owner-occupant. However, you can’t buy investment properties.

If you have any questions, feel free to call or email me. You can also download this flyer in English or Spanish to learn more about getting a loan with an ITIN.